Rockland County's leading local job board
Browse jobs in Rockland County by Role
- Accountancy (7)
- Banking & Financial Services (3)
- Building Construction (2)
- Business Management (11)
- Creative & Media (1)
- Customer Support (13)
- Teaching & Administration (3)
- Engineering (1)
- Health Services (27)
- Hospitality (4)
- IT (8)
- Legal Services (1)
Westchester County Job Market Flat for May
Norwalk, CT. [June 9, 2014]
May was a flat month for the region’s job market with only a 1% increase in job posting activity for the month. That leaves 2014 overall as relatively flat in terms of job growth, with only a net increase of 1% since January.
Some key items of note regarding May:
- White Plains continues to show itself as the hub of job market activity, followed this month by Yonkers and Valhalla.
- The industries most actively hiring this past month continued to be Service, Retail, and Healthcare.
- Top job categories remained the same -- Sales, Health Services and Accountancy.
As we get into the summer history tells us that the job market activity will level off or slow, at least through September. Given the tepid results for the year to date that could mean job losses at a time when we can ill afford to experience any lessening of activity. Stay tuned.